Albeau shines again.

As predicted the winds dropped considerably from the first day of racing. The wind was now down to 10-15 knots for the first race of the day at 9am. Sailors now using larger sails all headed out to the race course for an early start. Right before the starting gun the winds dropped to 6- 12 knots and shifted onshore, leaving most sailors standing at the start unable to make the line on starboard. The top guys caught the shift early and headed onto Port tack at the pin and got away clean. Kevin Pritchard lead at the first mark, but it was Albeau again who was very fast caught Pritchard by the bottom mark to take a narrow lead. Albeau went on to win the second race, Rogild moving into second, Pritchard in third, Buzianis in 4th, McGain in 5th.

Race 3 saw Albeau over early, which left the door open for other competitors to show their form. Pritchard again was leading at the first mark, but it was Buzianis and Rogild now who were showing good speed to move into second and third place with Gonzalo Costahoevel from Argentina in 4th. Rogild moved into first place on the downwind when Pritchard had to double jibe at the bottom mark. Rogild went onto win from Pritchard and Buzianis finishing strong in third.

Race 4 was the showdown for the title. Albeau make now mistakes to lead from the beginning to end in the light and shifty winds, which was now down to 5-10 knots. Gonzalo finished in second with Buzianis again finishing in 3rd.

Final results after 4 races.

1. Albeau.
2. K. Pritchard.
3. Buzianis.
4. Costahoevel
5. Diaz

Women’s racing.

In the women’s division today World Champion Dorota had her work cut out, Brazillian super star Valerie won two races, and Lucy Horwood won one. Dorota won the last race to narrowly win the regatta from Horwood with Valerie close behind in third place.

A very successful regatta attended by 250 competitors racing in over 16 divisions, winds blowing everday and tired happy sailors leaving with a great experience.

Special thanks goes to Tinho and Susie Dornellas the local organizers who worked long and hard for months to put on this huge windsurfing spectacle.